As the name suggest, an Indian Head Massage focuses on your head. However, your neck and shoulders will also receive a massage during treatment.
An Indian Head Massage centers of energy levels we have in our body. The massage helps to balance your mind, body and soul giving you a clearer mind and a lovely sense of peace and calmness.
Indian head massage can help relieve migraine, headaches and back pain. I will work firstly on the shoulders, upper back and neck. These are often the area where tension is felt the most especially if you work at a desk all day.
I will then gently massage your head releasing tension in the muscles of your head and face helping oxygen to your brain to boost deep relaxation and a lovely state of wellbeing.
- Detoxify your body by stimulating the lymphatic system. – by massaging your neck, I will help stimulate the circulation encouraging natural drainage of the lymph which will help encourage natural removal of waste products from the tissues and assist in bringing new nutrients and oxygen to the cells. This helps improve immunity from illnesses.
- Relieves insomnia and fatigue as mentioned, Indian head massage can relieve stress and tension by allowing the body to encourage relaxation which can have a very positive affect on your sleep.
- Renews energy levels – An Indian Head Massage is based on the Ayurvedic concept (the science of life) encompassing the mind body and spirit, restoring balance and inner harmony. It encourages the body’s own power of self-healing. Working on the 7 chakras the Indian head massage has a powerful effect in bringing the body back into balance.
- Boost memory capabilities. Sometimes our short-term memory doesn’t behave like we want it to! This can be because we are so busy rushing here and there and our brains are so overloaded making it difficult for us to collect our thoughts efficiently. This massage will help to slow you down, quieten your thoughts and bring help bring about a lovely sense of awareness.
- Hair growth. Indian head massage can stimulate hair growth as it increases oxygen and nourishment to the hair follicles. Stress is also a huge factor to hair loss and whilst this is not a guarantee or miracle cure the simple fact that you will relax during treatment can really help, so it’s worth a try isn’t it?
- Some of the other wonderful benefits an Indian head massage can also help with are sinus congestion, eye strain and tinnitus.